12.03.2008

I Owe My Soul To Each Fork In The Road

Cupcakes from Whole Foods. Twenty minutes later I tried to make the boys take a nap. Like taming a tornado.

Sam at the Christmas parade, equally repulsed and fascinated.

Caleb and Kirsten at the parade. Caleb liked the marching bands. Kirsten, who hate parades and warm fruit, muddled through.

I mentioned this earlier.

The boys, unmoved by the Macy's parade on TV, decided to take all the Tupperware out of the kitchen cabinets. Oh, and the lighter fluid too.

A new found love of pumpkin bread.

Sam went crazy for the green beans at Thanksgiving at Aunt Mary's. He slotted them into his mouth one after another, like timber logs through a buzz saw. Uncle Tim is an enabler.

At the sand table at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum.

Sam felt that a puppet show about the three little pigs really needed to be sabotaged by a shark. "We're going to need a bigger boat," says the third little pig.

Emerging from a giant-sized model of the human heart, Sam nails the landing.

With their friend Olin at the Reiman Aquarium within Discovery World.

Caleb at a Lionel Train show in New Berlin. I tell you what, train geeks are some nice people.

Opening Grandma Glenda's birthday gift.

Sam's wearing Mr. Potato Head ears as earrings. The hipsters down the block at the Comet Cafe wish they could make their earlobes look this outsized. (Playskool probably doesn't want kids to do this, and this picture fairly screams "permanent and irreversible damage to the ear drum." In my defense, I was not in the room at the time.)

2 comments:

Shana said...

Wow you guys have been busy over there - nonstop partying, huh. Thrills and spills and a little puck rock, sounds perfecto!

StacieMichelle said...

I totally remember Mr. Potato Head earrings! Well, I guess they would be MRS. Potato Head earrings. Not to discriminate, I mean sure Mr. PH could wear the earrings too, I'm just sayin' he probably took them from Mrs. PH's jewelry box.

BTW, I don't normally get into photos and blogs of other people's children, but yours do it for me every time. Too adorable! Love the tupperware party prepping, too. Ha!