7.28.2008

The Act You've Known For All These Years

Back from a three-day, three-event high school reunion. A fun weekend, but I wish that more of the Rufus King class of 1988 had made an effort to attend. We were a cohesive class, and it felt like significant portions -- the south siders, the soccer team, the valedictorians -- were entirely absent. Neither my junior nor my senior prom dates appeared, depriving them of the opportunity to validate their decisions to no longer have anything to do with me. Maybe at the 25th, gals...
Above, Sam is pictured with absolutely all of the balloons from the 1988 AlumFest. (We're missing our camera at the moment, so this was taken by cellphone.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Headin' to my 20th this weekend. Hope I don't get beat up or have my tail cut off.

Anonymous said...

Been lurking around your blog since Kirsten told me about it, thought it was about time I said hello. I just spent the better part of an hour looking at the Rufus King Nation website. Holy moly, total weirdsville.

Brian Hinshaw said...

Kerry:

Glad to hear from you. The RK Nation website is indeed weirdsville, but harmless in the end. Most of the people I hung out with -- yourself included -- weren't exactly joiners in high school, so there are noticeable gaps there, just as there were at the reunion...