6.03.2008

Tiny Bubbles

Yesterday, in the car:
Me: Sam, do you want to go to the park.
Sam: No.
Me: What do you want to do?
Sam: Bugs.
Me: You want to look for bugs?
Sam: Yeah!
Me: Do you want to look for bugs at the park?
Sam: Yeah!!
------
------
Yesterday, at the park:
Young Girl: (pointing to Caleb) He just ate candy off the ground!
Me: Did he? (Inspects mouth, finds small orange bean-shaped thing.) I guess he did.
Young Girl: That's nasty.
Me: He's two. He doesn't know any better.
Caleb: Mmmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shit--is it snowing at your house again?? I knew it was cold today, but I had no idea...
Also, I don't know if it would be on the 7-day loan program at the library since it's not New new, but I recently read Ron McLarty's Memory of Running which starts off in Rhode Island and had me yearning for New England--you won't be transformed by the story but it's a good read nonetheless.
Cate

Brian Hinshaw said...

That's not snow, although you wouldn't know it by Caleb's winter coat.

It's sand. And bubbles!