7.25.2007

If It's Not One Thing, It's Your Mother

Since my last posting, my mother has sent me several pictures of Philip Michael Thomas to contest the computer-assisted comparision proect. Alongside the photos, my mother writes -- in the erudite Anglo-romantic prose for which she is known -- "Definitely not Will Smith. Pooh."

So in fairness, and because her point of view is so well argued, here's a picture of the cast of the two leads of Miami Vice:



Grudgingly, I'll admit to seeing Caleb in the fellow on the left. Suprisingly, though, I also find that Sam resembles Don Johnson. Look:

I figured I would test the My Heritage celebrity-recognition system to see if perhaps their definition of "celebrity" had somehow passed over Phil Mike (as he's become known locally). So I tested a picture of him against the software, to see if he looked like himself. The totally unfabricated results seem poetically apt for Mom.

Caleb = Phil Mike. Phil Mike = Sundance Kid. Thusly, Caleb = Sundance Kid.

No comments: