4.18.2007

Boats and Tanks and Planes, It's Your Game

Joel said...
Speaking to an audience at the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism in Washington D.C., Thompson said that, “I’m in the private sector and for the first time in my life I’m earning money. You know that’s sort of part of the Jewish tradition and I do not find anything wrong with that.” Sweet Poppa Moses, this man is an idiot. Why can't he go back being the lovable drunk who ran around with various "nieces" in mini-skirts, while his wife was on holiday at an undisclosed Rehab.

And the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel continues:
"He later made a feeble attempt to explain the inexplicable. "I just want to clarify something because I didn't (by) any means want to infer or imply anything about Jews and finances and things," he said. "What I was referring to, ladies and gentlemen, is the accomplishments of the Jewish religion. You've been outstanding business people, and I compliment you for that.""

As I mentioned in an e-mail to Al, I love the fact that Tommy tried to explain that he wasn't saying anything racist about how Jews love money or anything, he just meant they are really, really good at Business. Personally, this brings to mind the UW-Milwaukee student of English Composition who tried to make the case that there is such a thing as "good racism," because like people totally think Jews are good at money and Asians are smart and stuff. I'll let you guess at the student's ethnicity and gender.

Gotta love the Journal-Sentinel's "(by)," which of course is pronounced in the orignal Thompson-ese as "duhhh."

One also has to consider how -- outside of Wisconsinites -- no one's paying enough attention to Thompson to even notice his blunders.

Confidential Aside To The Month Of April:
I was sort of kidding before, but now I totally mean it. You suck. Go away.

No comments: