7.23.2009

All Those Other Sticky Valentines

I kind of love you, Google.
I've come to expect you to use your logo to commemorate a moon landing or even Rene Magritte's birthday, but to find you commemorating this year's San Diego Comic Con was a surprise and a treat. Jim Lee's design is, if you ask me, pretty rad -- Wonder Woman's "O" is invisible and Robin sneaks into the bottom of the second "G". It's also cool that Superman was not shoe-horned in, allowing for the clever use of the more obscure (and appropriately geekier) Plastic Man.

I know that the San Diego Comic Con has become impossibly crowded and that it's focus is increasingly on Hollywood blockbusters and video games rather than comic books, but I still hold out hope of someday attending. And I'd bet Sam would go with me...

Anyway, Google, thanks for letting me know you care.

No comments: