5.27.2009

You Won't Find It So Hot if You Ain't Got the Do-Re-Mi

Quality-strained cell phone pictures from California...

Doug Kenyon's house in Sebastapol, CA.

A view of the Sierras from Foresthill, CA, during the wedding rehearsal. Doug and I were running late and took a "short-cut" as advised by the GPS on my phone. "Yankee Jim Road" took us winding down along a dirt road cut into the side of the canyon, across a corrugated tin suspension bridge, and alongside a waterfall before winding its way back towards civilization above. It would have been a beautiful drive had we not been traveling at a harrowing 25 MPH.

An extremely creepy giant statue of Claude Chana, gold miner and founder of Auburn, CA. At that city's Edelweiss Cafe, I had a tomato-and-avocado omelet that ranks among the ten best meals I've ever had. I figure that Giant Claude is holding an empty plate after ordering that same breakfast. (Number 35 on the menu, if you go.)

The groom (Jason, on the right) and a groomsman (Dan) play Guitar Hero immediately before the ceremony at the Forest House Lodge. They had fun hats on the wall, a nicely stocked bar, comfortable rooms, and a friendly staff. Good times. The wedding dinner included a fantastic and spicy Sichuan Fish and some genuinely delicious asparagus. Afterwards, Tim and Suzanne and I taught some 6- to 8-year-old girls how to play Blackjack for about as long as their patience would hold.

Jason Cabassi marries Jenny Kuo, Saturday, May 23rd. We wish them all the happiness in the world.

------

Unlike the last mountaintop wedding I attended, I did not get altitude sickness, nor was I chased by an elk, nor did I fall in a ditch. The closest I came to death at this wedding (aside from the Dukes of Hazzardry of Yankee Jim Road) involved being nearly missed by a pair of men's underwear in the parking lot of bowling alley. Oh, and the cryptosporidium I probably picked up from walking barefoot through goose poop.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Can I come live with you guys?