3.04.2008

Keeping Fingers Crossed

We have a cold making the rounds at the house. Early last week, Sam had the sniffles and a cough. Then Caleb got a fever and his nose turned into a horrid dripping spigot of snot, and then he coughed like a West Virginian coal miner all day yesterday. He also happily gave his father some plugged sinuses and a sore throat. Meantime, Sam must have recognized that Caleb had a fever when he hadn't had one, so now Sam has seemingly decided to have a fever too.

We're keeping our fingers crossed that their ear tubes are still in place and continue to drain any fluid there so that we don't have to go through another round of ear infections.

Kirsten, who has the hard-fought immunities of a public schools employee, is still well, if a little sore from wiping all the noses.

Speaking of crossed fingers, I'll be up late watching election returns.

Texas and Ohio: If you just do this one thing for me, I swear I'll be your best friend forever. Really. You can have all my comics, and I will buy you ice cream and I will put your face on a sweatshirt and wear it to school every day, I promise.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, we are doing what we do best. Beat the living crap out of ourselves. I predict this will go to the convention and the will be a very ugly compromise that know one will like.
I think we just handed the republicans the whitehouse again.
Democrats cannot get their head on straight. We have the perfect chance to seize the Whitehouse, and reinforce our control of the senate and place up to 3 Supreme court judges, virtually locking the bench for decades to come.
But no. We do not like to share our toys. Even with each other. We will praise the wolves poised to attack us, while attacking ourselves.
We are lining up the circular firing squad, again. It must an election year.

Anonymous said...

I'm not as pessimistic as Joel.

At this point, I think we will keep limping along to the convention -- and there certainly is a huge risk of doing ourselves in during this window -- but if we can avoid making it too ugly, there's still the possibility of this being a banner year for Dems.

I don't think there's been this much enthusiasm in the party in our lifetime! We need to turn those voters out again during the general.