6.13.2007

How'd You Get So Cruel and Reckless?


Bush Quit Drinking 'On His Own' : GOP Candidate Never Went to Meetings
Nov. 6, 2000

Republican candidate for president George W. Bush, like most who decide to quit drinking, did so on his own without help, press reports following the revelation of his 1976 DUI arrest reveal. ... "Well, I don't think I had an addiction," Bush told the Washington Post for a July 1999 profile. "You know it's hard for me to say. I've had friends who were, you know, very addicted. . .and they required hitting bottom [to start] going to AA. I don't think that was my case." ... It appears from all reports, that candidate Bush did abuse alcohol for a long period of his life, but in 1986 decided to quit, because it began to "compete for his energy."
------

But then, he also said he was not interested in nation building.

No comments: